Job Ref: P105
Weekend Admission and Sales Assistant (seasonal)
Main areas of responsibility:
The post holder will be responsibl for selling tickets for admission and other activities to visitors to the Farm. They will also sell bags of animal feed and provide general information about the Acorn Farm.
Accountable to: The Weekend Manager
- To take admission fees from visitors to the farm and issue admission stickers
- To sell and uissue tickets for the small animal petting area
- To sell and issue tickets for the horse rides
- To sell bags of animal feed
- To issue a till receipt to the customer with every saleTo explain Acorn Farm policies to visitors regarding charging and restrictions on the various activities
- To cash up the till at the end of the day and to reconcile cash taken with the till receipt
- To bag-up animal feed as needed and during quiet periods
- To provide general information to visitors to the Farm
- To treat visitors at all times in a polite and courteous manner
- To keep the admissions kiosk and surrounding area clean and tidy
- To ensure that the kiosk is never left unattended
- To assist the Weekend Manager to tidy and secure the site at the end of the day. This will involve emptying bins, refilling the hand wasj, litter picking and assisting the lock up as required
- Report any incidents to the Weekend Manager
- Any other duties which may reasonably be delegated by your manager.
The successfu candidate will need to have excellent communication and customer service skills
Terms and Conditions
Pay £8.10 per hour
Hours 9.45 am - 4.45 pm (half hour lunch) Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays
Holidays 6.5 days per year (pro rata equivalent of 5.6 weeks)
N.B. This is a seasonal post from 1st March 2018 to 30th September 2018
Mobile phones should be switched to silent during working hours and should only be used in an emergency.
Closing date for applications 11th Febraury 2018
Interviews are expected to take place on 24th February 2018
Apply by sending your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: P104
We are recruiting for a Farm Assistant/Driver who will be responsible for all transport related tasks at Acorn farm, assisting with livestock and farm maintenance tasks.
Closing date for applications is 11th February 2018.
CV's should be emailed to: email@example.com